Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Is Your Light Ablaze?

“Be of good comfort, brother Ridley, and play the man,” Latimer called. “We shall this day light such a candle by God’s grace in England, as I trust shall never be put out.” - Hugh Latimer


Mike Ratliff has an account of Ridley and Latimer's martyrdom during the reign of Queen Mary (Bloody Mary). It has made a deep impression this morning. How many of us have truly denied ourselves? What is it that we are still holding onto that the Lord wold have us loose? There are things that I know of in my own life and as I read this today, all I can think is that nothing is worth more than my Lord. I pray that as the Lord brings His true Church to unity in the faith that He will continue to complete the perfect work He began in us and that He will give us His eyes to see that all that we hold dear is nothing compared to Him.

Read Mike's post here.

No comments: