Saturday, February 23, 2008

Daughter's Struggle Update

A few weeks ago, I wrote about a couple of girls who had been giving my daughter a hard time at school all year. Well, I am glad that I stayed out of it and let the Lord handle things. I almost called one girl's mother and told her about everything. The Spirit said, "Be still."

The leader, Danielle, has been suspended twice since I wrote about the situation, one was an in-school suspension for a week, now she has been suspended out-of-school for three days. Also, she wrote something very nasty about two of the after school care staff and has been expelled from that program. The girl who followed after Danielle and went along with her schemes is named Taylor. Taylor's mom is the one I was going to call but no need. After what Danielle wrote, Taylor was told that she is not to speak to Danielle any longer.

I told Gabrielle that we will not rejoice, but we will pray for Danielle. She is a tool of satan. I ask that you pray for her as well and for all the school staff: they need more discernment. This behavior is not a surprise to me. The staff, however, seem to be oblivious sometimes.

I am still looking for another school, but I don't know. It's hard being a single mom and trying to keep Brie out of public school. I am finding out that Christian school is not much better than public school, though. These kids are being exposed to so much of the world and it is a constant battle to combat that lure to be like everyone else. I don't know many believers with girls her age. So I am also praying that the Lord will bring some true believers into our lives who have girls with whom she can be friends.

Thanks for your encouragement. The Lord is faithful!!

4 comments:

Baptist Girl said...

Melissa,
I will be praying for you and your daughter. It's not easy being a single parent, I was there at one time in my life and it is harder when your child is being harassed. Keep praying about it but there may be a time you may have to speak to the school or the parents.
Changing school may not be the answer because no matter where you go there is going to be some children that are bullies. Keep praying and asking for the Lord's guidance.

Cristina

Melissa said...

Thanks Cristina. I am praying and right now, the outlook for another school does not look good. We would probably have to move out of this area completely for that but I am trying to be patient and wait on the Lord.

She will most likely be at the school next year and maybe up until 8th grade. I will continue to trust the Lord. I won't put her elsewhere unless He makes it clear. In the meantime, we'll be still.

Thanks for your prayers. I am in need of them.

Mr. Horton Sr. said...

I hope you having been doing well. Miss your writings. God Bless in Christ
Tyris Sr.

Melissa said...

Hi Tyris!

I am well. I have been reading and pondering many things. For some reason, they have not come together for writing. I have also been pondering the necessity of this blog. I have started graduate school and my time is more limited. I don't know. The Lord's will be done!

Good hearing from you!